Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Oley Fair in Oley PA..

Friday was the annual "OLEY FAIR". My dad LOVES the tractor pulls which start at 9 a.m. We got there at 10. We had John til Di came at noon after work to join us. John was great. He slept right thru the loud tractors from 10:30 til 11:45...Woke up -had a bottle and was ready for the fair!
John was wearing his "Chick Magnet" hat. He didn't know what to think when this gal in the petting barn showed him this little duckling.
I don't think Di was too thrilled when I asked her to get close to the sheep so I could get a good shot..Look at her face! John could have cared less Ha.
I couldn't get ALL the piglets on this photo...I think there were 10 or 12 in all. Poor Mama.
The weather was wonderful...about 70 degrees and breezy. They expected a record crowd each day of the fair. This is the fair that I took the Grand Champion Ribbon for my all white quilt in 1988. In a few years I'll be able to enter it in the "over 25 year old" category!.

No comments: