Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tues. May 5, 2010 - Full Day with Marge

Our list of "things to do" was quite long so we were up and out early Tues. morning. The first stop was Ashland; the Henry Clay Estate, located 1.5 miles east of downtown Lexington.
The buildings were not open so we made the best of our time there.






The grounds keeper's cottage.




We drove to the back of the buildings to see the formal gardens featuring roses, boxwoods and beds of perennials, annuals and herbs.




Marge showed me a feature on my camera that does macro photos.....I LOVE IT. Thanks Marge.


As we left Ashland, Marge stopped so we could take photos here...just magnificant!








Using the newly learned feature on my camera, I took lots and lots of photos at Marge's favorite wholesale nursery nearby. They only sell annuals at this nursery. Enjoy the beauty of the next few photos.





It was hard to tear ourselves away from the greenhouses, but we had more to see and more to do!

Oh, I forgot, this photo is for Sunny....I know how you LOVE pots...this would be a real treasure for you!


Wallace Station for lunch. I was enjoying the ride in the back seat while Keith and Marge were up front....so I can't really tell you where this was located...but I'm sure if you're ever interested in going, it's on line.

We ordered our sandwiches and made our way outside to the back deck to eat it the sun! It was lovely. AND the food was just scrumptious. Marge knows all the great places to go in this area! And we loved the ones she picked.


The Woodford Reserve Distillery - National Historic Landmark - Bourbon's Homeplace!!!!



The rocking chairs on their front porch just call your name and you HAVE to sit awhile:)

Marge and Keith enjoying a taste of bourbon... I had one of the bourbon chocolates.


These are the orig. aging buildings....



No comments: