Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Very Special Gift from Great Grandmother!

My Mom stopped in the other day and had this beautiful crazy quilt for me. It was made by my great grandmother on my fathers' side who died just before I was born. Since I'm the lover of quilts and quilting, I've been given many of the quilts she's done, even those that look very very used. But when you turn them on the wrong side they are just beautiful - ALL THOSE TINY STITCHES - I'm so honored to have any of them, but this one is so different. It's not finished on the edges so I plan to have it checked out by some of my appraiser friends. This quilt is so perfect, it looks like it was just made! I'm so thankful to those in my family who passed it to my mother who took such good care of it...and I plan on doing the same. If I had one wish it would be to have known my great grandmother...I'll be seeing her in heaven someday!!!!

No comments: