Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sat. May 29, 2010 - YARD SALE!

Our community has several yard sales each year. When we received the flyer I immediately made plans to get up in our attic and clean it out. Thankfully, it was a cool day the Monday I worked on the attic. Tues. We cleaned out the garage.. Above is Keith working on cleaning out the garage.I was so proud of him, selling lots of his catering equipment..Wed. we cleaned out the shed. Thurs. we were SO tried, we decided to put the prices on all the items..Ha. Friday was my Dad's 84th Birthday and Michele and I took him to Shady Maple for lunch...when I got home later in the afternoon we moved the tables in place and since we have the carport, were able to put many items on display. The sale was to start at 7 a.m....but we know from other years that buyers show up much earlier.
I almost forgot to take pictures so many of our items were gone by the time I took this shot. We were very pleased with what we sold. We really priced everything to SELL... You can see all the baby items in the front...well, I had 2 ladies fighting over them. Thankfully, it worked out that they split everything down the middle....I made out great.

Mom gathered all her items and I picked them up friday after Dad's lunch date. She was so pleased with all she sold...her prices were really low.


And Brad showed up with his STUFF...He did GREAT. There were at least 11 neighbors participating on our street alone, and that always brings a lot of buyers.
Nothing goes back in the house at the end of the 2 days....We back the van up the drive way and load everything into it. Then we take it to Jubilee, a Christian Second Hand shop where all the proceeds go to charities.



No comments: